View Single Post
Old 03-30-2013, 03:49 AM   #65
qqwref
stepmania archaeologist
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Default Re: Song Corrections Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazyjayde View Post
As an example: Humoresque Op.101, No.7 or "Black Key" Etude Op.10, No.5.
That way, it's a good compromise between accurate information and recognizable song names. It's also a nice idea to keep the common name at the beginning of the name since titles often do not appear completely.
Indeed. Also I would suggest not using quotation marks (ESPECIALLY when they are around the entire common name) because then the song will just appear at the bottom of the list, which negates the whole point of putting it where people would expect it to be in the song list.

Actually, idea: put the classical info in parentheses. Your second example would be Black Key Etude (Op.10, No.5). Then if we have a v2 we can just put it before the parentheses and it wont look weird at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazyjayde View Post
I don't see why finding a song would be a problem though. Even if the name for the piece is two foot long, typing in the common name in the search query will isolate the corresponding value.
Personally, I only use the search bar when I'm looking for a specific file. Otherwise I turn off my AAAs and then just sort it by name. So in that case it would be a problem to have like twenty Op. <number> things, because I'd have no idea which is which.

Quote:
Originally Posted by noname219 View Post
I would like to do the same thing with Japanese title, something like this for example :
- Border of Maximum (極限領域)
- Zephon (世音)
Why? If you can't read the language it's unreadable clutter, and if you can it's the same thing written twice. I don't see any benefit.

It's a good argument to add a "secondary title" or something... we could put classical info, original language titles, and even album data there. Less clutter for people looking for songs to play, but anyone who wants to can look it up.
qqwref is offline   Reply With Quote