View Single Post
Old 02-12-2013, 06:53 PM   #15
UserNameGoesHere
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to UserNameGoesHere
Default Re: ~thinking about making a game

I know you said you don't want to do it in Game Maker, but if you've never programmed before, and based on the simple requirements for your game, it's completely suited for it.

Once you got something simple working in something like that you could always work on rewriting it in some other language later.

Of course if you want to jump in to more "real world" languages, you'll probably have to start out with text-based programs and work your way up to making graphical programs, and then eventually you can make a game.

And also, I disagree with Reincarnate that "the [game] idea is easy". Maybe we have different ideas of what "idea" constitutes, but actually getting the whole game idea flushed out in a usable fashion, is much of the work. Controls, game mechanics, game rules, level design, character design, music choice/design, structuring, etc .... I include all in the term "idea". Once you have the idea flushed out and understand at least some programming environment, you can then begin to actually code it.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
UserNameGoesHere is offline   Reply With Quote