View Single Post
Old 01-9-2013, 05:21 PM   #41
One Winged Angel
Anime Avatars ( ◜◡^)っ✂╰⋃╯
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorD8 Godly KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default Re: Expanding the difficulty spectrum

Quote:
Originally Posted by TC_Halogen View Post
The whole AT/M8BT argument doesn't make sense to me though, the problem with AT vs. M8BT is that you're doing a constant 150 BPM 32nd stream that forces you to transition into and out of mini-trills in AT, but you get interrupted with a lot of easier patterns in M8BT that allow you to regain your bearings, in addition to the song being 10 BPM slower without a constant point. How are these at all comparable?
AT's one handed trills are no more than four notes long iirc, whereas M8BT has several one handed trills 6-8 notes in length. It's possible to cheat these as jumps if you can hit between two frame intervals well, otherwise you'll keep the FC but destroy your PA in the process. Hitting the one handed sections in M8BT as they were intended to be hit makes it very easy to fall behind and dump a boatload of goods before resorting to mashspam to keep your combo. I know you mentioned AT is constant whereas M8BT's tougher section has breaks, but I also use the non-trill sections of AT's stream to regain my bearings if I notice I've fallen behind, as the streamier sections at the first and last bars of each measure during that section are a lot more manageable to hit than the middle two 'trilly' bars. That's just me though.

I took a look at the two scoreboards just now. Top 30 on both files look very similar, after which AT's scoreboard starts to get really sloppy with players that don't have the speed to keep up with 300bpm stream. Then again, AT's top 10 is a bit cleaner than M8BT's. I still think they're of comparable difficulty to AAA. If anything, I definitely wouldn't want to push M8BT down, so if something's to happen, I'd rather AT be pushed up.

p.s. I really like the idea of a new, legitimate file with the same unlock requirements replacing vrofl. +1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilikexd View Post
i want to be cucked by cirno

Last edited by One Winged Angel; 01-9-2013 at 05:34 PM..
One Winged Angel is offline   Reply With Quote