Old 01-3-2013, 12:58 AM   #15
PrawnSkunk
Administrator
User Administrator
AdministratorDeveloperFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Default Re: Idea for getting more easier files in game

Quote:
Originally Posted by smartdude1212 View Post
This may not yield a bunch of incredibly easy files, but what if there were another simfile competition solely for people who do not have a file on FFR yet? The songs could be chosen such that they may force easier steps (or at least have a static BPM and wouldn't promote stupid layering), and, though this isn't necessarily true, any newer simartist would likely create an easier file anyway (let's forget that Rob's first file was a mid-80, etc.).

Mind you it could be somewhat difficult to find participants for this though, since anybody who hasn't stepped anything for FFR yet probably either really sucks at stepping (and thus the judges haven't allowed any of their work through) or just can't be assed to learn how to step anything in DDReam/SM (luckily if it's an easier file SM works just fine and it's somewhat user-friendly in my experience).

But I've only finished about 4 files in my life and have one in-game so what do I know...
Unfortunately I have to agree with the faults you brought up, even though this is an interesting idea. Having a batch exclusively for new step artists would be both very empty and irrefutably produce stepfiles with under-par quality. In order to accommodate this, the standard of chart acceptance would have to be dramatically lowered.
PrawnSkunk is offline   Reply With Quote