View Single Post
Old 09-21-2012, 01:24 AM   #1
LongGone
-
FFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default The BMS/IIDX Thread

We should have some activity going on in here since a (...handful...) of people play these and partially because KBO forums died..

Placeholder text until a more in-depth guide is written. In the mean time, feel free to ask questions, post scores, videos, help out etc.

What is IIDX?

IIDX is a Konami rhythm game for both arcade and console [PS2] play, utilising 7keys and a turntable. Plastic and custom-made controllers are available if you're playing at home.

What is BMS?
BMS (Be-Music Script) is a file format like .sm files, but in general we refer to it as the simulator game for IIDX 7key (like how sm is to DDR). Some simulators include ruvit/rhythm-it and LunaticRave 2 [LR2], the latter which is often used as it submits scores to an online Internet Ranking [IR] system. Even Stepmania 5 can play BMS files! (Actually, older SM versions could read BMS too...)

==================================================
To play IIDX at home, ideally you need a PS2 and a 7k controller. You can play with a PS2 controller but its going to be really awkward...

To play BMS, you can use any BMS simulator with a keyboard, or a 7k controller connected to the PC using a PS2>USB converter.
==================================================

Downloads
Lunatic Rave 2
ruv-it!

Guides
Temporary old guide I have for setting up Lunatic Rave 2 http://pastebin.com/c5TZL4P7

=UnderConstruction=UnderConstruction=UnderConstruction=UnderConstruction=UnderConstruction=UnderConstruction=

-Guidde to setting up simulators goes here in the near future, cya soon!-
=UnderConstruction=UnderConstruction=UnderConstruction=UnderConstruction=UnderConstruction=UnderConstruction=

FAQs

Will this guide ever be finished?
-Hopefully...
Roar176
-Roar176

Updates:
26 Sept 12: Added some links to BMS simulators
23 Oct 12: Added temporary old guide to setting up Lunatic Rave 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Choofers View Post
people age at a rate of about 1 year per year

Last edited by LongGone; 10-23-2012 at 06:01 AM..
LongGone is offline   Reply With Quote