brothaice
FFR Simfile Author
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Default Re: Lets talk about Size

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScylaX View Post
"but we squander it on trivial stuff."
What ? Eh ? Seriously ?
That's a parodic interpretation of history, there. You have to actually think about why some countries get involved in endless conflicts. I don't think people chose to suffer because of trivial stuffs. There's generally severe factors linked to that. If you consider the reasons to be trivial I'd like you to justify your point of view and bring arguments.
Ok this is my fault. I guess I was a little misleading with the thread.

My point is, that no matter how you slice or justify anything anyone has ever done, no matter how you interpret history, you could say that it was and will always be (for however long there are humans) ultimately worthless.

Don't forget: In comparison of the lifetime of the earth to how long humans have been around we haven't been around for very long (a few million years versus a few billion). So human extinction would actually be the normalcy.

Nothing any person does will change that, in the end.

So I wanted to see, in light of this, where people derive the meaning of their existence.

Also: I wasn't familiar with Sagan's other work prior to posting, so I couldn't properly speculate on that.

Last edited by brothaice; 09-13-2012 at 07:57 PM..
brothaice is offline   Reply With Quote