View Single Post
Old 07-10-2012, 12:23 PM   #43
MarioNintendo
Expect delays.
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerFFR Veteran

Default Re: Started building a retro game collection...

Holy shit, so much activity in this thread recently, you guys are so awesome XD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herogashix View Post

Get FFIX in the NON Greatest Hits case and I'll have to murder you.
Done, actually! Trust me, I was planning on doing so since day one. they even had 4 black labeled versions at the store I go, for that matter! The thing was that they were all in bad condition. What I did is simply purchase the greatest hits version to play the game (I had never played it, actually! Shame, it's my favorite FF now) and wait for a good condition black label to pop up. I exchanged it and the get even let me go away with the black label for free since, to the store, they bring the same exact amount of money. So, yeah. Keep me alive (:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 25thhour View Post
Oh, I also had 3 copies of TMNT; Turtles in Time...
... could you see me one!?!?!! HOLY SHIT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duplica View Post
this plus ~30 games

(huge pic of $10 000 worth of games

up to 137 SNES games including super famicom
Do you have an extra Earthbound in there? I can't find it, shit. I'll give you my address if you do ok?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senip View Post
I don't see Phantasy Star series, Crusader of Centy, Shining Force, and far too many amazing RPGs for the SNES. I am disappoint.

I have Xenogears but I can't let it go because I'm a pack rat. However, I do know that several stores have it, I could go check the price and send it to you I guess.
Hey man don't be too hard on me!! I started playing RPGs in 2010 only! I wasn't mature enough back then to understand the whole concept and I'm just starting to get behind major titles like FF and Mario RPG. I'm really trying to cover what I missed, but this shit is expensive! XD

Also, if you could find Xenogears for cheap (I know my store sold it at $70 once but I was like "No way I'm buying this for that price"), that would actually awesome. I've always been pretty curious about that game, to tell the truth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKG_Scintill View Post
Wait, you have Rocket Knight Adventures but you don't have Sparkster? why not?

Edit: I'd have to go to the attic to see what Genesis games there are
Because Sparkster on the Genesis is an overpriced pile of shit. It really sucks. You could go watch the review from the HVGN, even he didn't like it XD I emulated it out of curiosity, and realized Konami broke the rules they set up in the original game, toned down the graphics and made it more tedious than anything. So... yeah, I love Sparkster, but only the original game!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolboyrulez0 View Post
Not really retro, by most definitions of the word, but what games should I go out and get for my GC collection? It's pictured above and if I'm gonna go purchase Ikaruga might as well go big and get some more.
Fire Emplem Radiant something

Quote:
Originally Posted by macgravel View Post
Mario's files are top notch, so every time he submits a file I get excited in my pants.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hi19hi19 View Post
This guy, MarioNintendo?
Click the bricks

Last edited by MarioNintendo; 07-10-2012 at 12:51 PM..
MarioNintendo is offline   Reply With Quote