DossarLX ODI
Batch Manager
Game Manager, Song Release Coordinator
Game ManagerSimfile JudgeFFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default Re: Obtaining Permissions and You! [v2]

Alright so this is the email I sent to info@chrisgoulstone.co.uk

Quote:
Dear Chris Goulstone,

My name is Roy, and I'm wondering if I could have a minute of your time to request permission to use your song "Thrash" from Rock Guitar Styles 1 in a free online rhythm game called FlashFlashRevolution. The website is www.flashflashrevolution.com.

FFR is an online rhythm based game where you hit arrows in time with music. The music is streamed and both the game and music cannot be downloaded. FFR was started in 2002 and we currently have over 1.8 million users.

The full list of artists we have permission for can be seen in the following link:

http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/...95&postcount=1

May I just take a moment to say that FFR is a free-to-play website and FFR does not earn any money from these songs. We do not sell or redistribute the music either. Your music will not be sold or made available for download.

I feel that if we got your permission to use your songs on our website then we would be able to get even more people into your music, along with having incredible files for people to play.

Even though this is your music I am requesting, I understand that you are with Carlin Music. I am especially interested in Thrash from Rock Guitar Styles 1 and hope that you can give permission for us to use it or tell me what way I should go about requesting this permission from your record label.

I just want to repeat that we will not make any money out of this. If you give us permission then we will buy the song ourselves. As well as that, with your songs in FFR you will get free publicity and hopefully more people will come to appreciate your music as I do.

In conclusion, I am writing for permission to use Thrash on FlashFlashRevolution.com. I would also like to know if you will allow us to use other songs you've produced as well, however even just Thrash would be greatly appreciated.

If you have any more questions regarding my request, or have any other questions at all then please email me at the following address:

vanliewroy@gmail.com

I look forward to a reply in the future. Thank you for your time.

Yours Sincerely,

Roy Van Liew
Then some guy, Rick Baker, a different email address, replied with

Quote:
Hi Roy

Where in the world are you ? .. and I’ll see if we can put you in touch with the right person to license this track.

Kind regards

Rick
Carlin Music is such a bad site for finding music licensing policies that I can't even figure out if this needs royalties or not. Can someone help me with this please?
DossarLX ODI is offline   Reply With Quote