Old 06-21-2012, 05:52 PM   #53
bmah
shots FIRED
Global Moderator, User Support, Judge
Global ModeratorFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Default Re: FFR Community Pack Summer 2012 Released

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bynary Fission View Post
Bingo Highway (bmah): I played Heavy. Hard pain, lmao. Pretty well-crafted, though too hard to be fun haha. I also felt a few of the jumpy parts were out of place (mostly that one dump part) and the copy/paste was lazy but this is a pretty awesome boss file. You sure like kirby music, don't you? 6/10
Are you sure you didn't play Oni? Because that's what it seems like you were referring to. Or maybe playing Heavy was too much one-handed. Oh, and this is from Sonic Heroes, not some Kirby game lol.

@ANYONE WHO PLAYS THIS FILE: DO NOT REVIEW BASED ON MY ONI CHART ALONE!!! I personally find Heavy and even Standard really quite fun. The Oni chart was for kicks, but I couldn't hide it as an edit or beginner difficulty for this pack.

If you're playing this one-handed, I want you to go back and try it on Standard. I can't see myself playing this on a harder difficulty with one hand. This is one of the few files that I've enjoyed playing on all difficulties, so you might enjoy Standard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bynary Fission View Post
DON'T WAKE ME FROM THIS DREAM (2010 Summer Edition) (bmah): I played Heavy (inadvertently, I was writing a review for another song and got sucked into this). I was shocked to see that you made this...it's such an awful file. Repetitive, boring, and filled with really stupid freezes for like 90% of the file. No, no, no. Bad song choice too. 2.5/10
It's called experimentation, and I don't regret experimenting one bit. If you were shocked that I made this, then maybe you should experiment a bit more yourself to see what works and what doesn't. You can't stay within your comfort zone forever.
I've never made a mine-based file before, and for some reason, a number of people are really quite attached to mine-dodging files such as trogdor's Died This Way or icyworld's PSYCHE PLANET GT or Firepower. If this is not how to make a mine-dodging file, let me know how.
The other highlight of this song was the fact that it contained some of the longest freeze arrows I've ever seen, certainly the longest freezes I've made in files. The song is indeed repetitive, so various mine patterns were how I tried to make it different. This file you will either hate or love. I know I used to hate mines a lot, but I've come to attempt various styles of stepping.

Try getting out of your own comfort zone.

Last edited by bmah; 06-21-2012 at 06:06 PM..
bmah is offline   Reply With Quote