Thread: Diablo 3
View Single Post
Old 05-26-2012, 07:13 PM   #144
StoneMcKnuckle
FFR Player

Default Re: Diablo 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluguerrilla View Post
Not sure how a DH is supposed to solo it, maybe I'm doing something wrong.
You need to kite everything, mainly using stuns. Don't bother gearing for survivability at all, just stack damage and +crit damage. Can't say whether IAS is worth it, you'll have to look at the forums and stuff. Just shoot stuff with devouring arrows, have EA with skulls for emergency CC if stuff is getting close. Use smoke screen as you normally would: to break roots, snares, avoid incoming damage, and turning mobs around. Use caltrops to stun and slow and have preparation with either chance to not trigger cooldown or the 45 disc over 15 seconds rune (I prefer the latter but both are good).

Just whittle shit down like that. Drop caltrops, run back, shoot a little, drop caltrops, run back, shoot a little etc etc...

I dunno what to do with the last skill slot yet. Some people (me included) are using RoV with the stampede run but I find it extremely unreliable for CC so there might be a better alternative, perhaps EA with tentacles for extra damage against bosses or perhaps shadow power with gloom for those pesky damage reflect dudes.

You need LOTS of DPS as a DH. I'm in act 3, progressing slowly. The biggest hurdle to overcome is damage, really. I shouldn't have wasted a mil on a decent weapon shortly after game launch, it's more beneficial to save up and then buy a 1200+ DPS bow.
StoneMcKnuckle is offline   Reply With Quote