Thread: GAH I'm fat
View Single Post
Old 05-13-2012, 01:49 PM   #16
igotrhythm
Fractals!
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to igotrhythm
Default Re: GAH I'm fat

Whenever anyone tells you losing weight and keeping it off is easy, it's because they're trying to sell you something.

There's some good advice in here as far as exercise goes. As for a nutrition plan, you'll want to see a professional for that sort of thing, as that gets complicated really fast. You're probably used to walking to the store by now, so start with some easy stuff, like jogging to the store and then walking back with the necessary items (I wouldn't recommend jogging back with the bags in your arms until you've gotten stronger). Carry one of those Pokewalkers or other pedometers with you, and make sure to set aside small rewards for yourself for reaching your goals.

Speaking of goals, WRITE THEM DOWN. It's all well and good to tell yourself you're going to do something, but as soon as you commit your objectives to paper they will take on an entirely new level of power. Stick it up somewhere where you can't miss it (a bathroom mirror, for example) and make sure to move it around from time to time so your eyes don't get used to it being there and skip over it. Diet and exercise are two parts of the triangle of weight loss...the third is MOTIVATION.
igotrhythm is offline   Reply With Quote