Old 05-3-2012, 08:22 PM   #40
DossarLX ODI
Batch Manager
Game Manager, Song Release Coordinator
Game ManagerSimfile JudgeFFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default Re: Flight of the Bumblebee [11 or 12]

Quote:
Originally Posted by TC_Halogen View Post
this is going to sound elitist, but I don't care -- if you can't score relatively well on this file, you really hold no merit towards the difficulty change, I feel this way with any file in game -- if you're barely able to FC the song, you shouldn't be trying to get the rating changed unless it is ridiculously obvious.
The speed and consistency required along with getting past random patterns is part of the difficulty. Difficulty shouldn't only be defined for people who have the speed to hit the file.

Another file that has long one handed trills and requires a lot of consistency/concentration is Blooddrunk [Heavy] and that isn't a 12, despite how it also has some awkward 8th pauses in between. Sure, it's a little over 20 BPM slower, but it certainly isn't easy to get through.

Taking out the background, the file would still be something like mid FMO -- using Velocity's noteskin basically makes the file like it would be without the annoying background, so if the background is giving you serious issues, I suggest using iironiic's method for the legacy engine or using different noteskins on Velocity's engine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zakvvv666 View Post
I would kind of have to lean towards FMO, seeing as the patterns aren't dense, just hard as shit to get good PA on.
Pattern choice matters. 120 bpm 8th quads would be "more dense" than 200 bpm 16th stream.

Last edited by DossarLX ODI; 05-3-2012 at 08:25 PM..