Old 04-17-2012, 08:08 PM   #14
Bluearrowll
⊙▃⊙
FFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Bluearrowll Send a message via MSN to Bluearrowll
Default Re: Laptop Shopping.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fido123 View Post
lenovo IdeaPad Z570 (1024DMU) Notebook Intel Core i5 2450M(2.50GHz) 15.6" 6GB Memory DDR3 1333 500GB HDD 5400rpm DVD±R/RW NVIDIA GeForce GT 630M, $639.99
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16834246327

I'd go with specs relative to this or even downgrade to an i3 but you'll want ~6GB of RAM. That video card will also make your laptop not utter garbage at playing the vidja. Lenovo is also pretty good IMO. Dealt with their customer support, was good, and it seems they prefer things working properly and not falling apart than looking nice although some of their laptops do look pretty sick.

EDIT: Also in the future please place all threads like this in Bits & Bytes.
The main differences between this 639 lenovo and the 679 lenovo are that:
This one has 6GB of RAM over 8.
This one has the NVIDIA graphics card, the 679 has integrated graphics.
This one lacks the Blu-Ray Player (which I really don't care about).
This one has a 500GB hard drive, instead of a 750GB Hard drive.

Seeing how i'm running on 3GB of RAM right now, i'll be fine with 6GB. I don't necessarily want to downgrade to an i3. The graphics card is attractive over integrated graphics if I decide to do graphic intensive activities down the road (which I very well might). I don't care about the Blu-Ray Player so that's a plus. I can accept the 250GB drop because I have 1.5 TB in external hard drive storage. It's good that lenovo prefers a working product.

I think you've convinced me that the cheaper of the two laptops is the better of the two for my uses fido. thanks! That model was also the laptop I was looking at closely other than the Dell Inspiron 15r. The lenovo has a glossy screen over a matte screen though.. which is a downside of the laptop.

I will remember the bits & bytes forum for later.
5th in Phynx's Unofficial FFR Tournament
9th in D3 of the 2008-2009 4th Official FFR Tournament
10th in D5 of the 2010 5th Official FFR Tournament
10th in D6 of the 2011-2012 6th Official FFR Tournament

FMO AAA Count: 71
FGO AAA Count: 10

Bluearrowll = The Canadian player who can not detect awkward patterns. If it's awkward for most people, it's normal for Terry. If the file is difficult but super straight forward, he has issues. If he's AAAing a FGO but then heard that his favorite Hockey team was losing by a point, Hockey > FFR
PS: Cool AAA's Terry
- I Love You

An Alarm Clock's Haiku
beep beep beep beep beep
beep beep beep beep beep beep beep
beep beep beep beep beep
- ieatyourlvllol
Bluearrowll is offline   Reply With Quote