View Single Post
Old 04-9-2012, 08:41 AM   #176
devonin
Very Grave Indeed
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to devonin Send a message via MSN to devonin
Default Re: So I finally came clean to my parents.

Guido, you're confusing being homosexual with engaging in homosexual behavior.

It's also INCREDIBLY offensive and patronising to come out with the "Maybe you can't help being gay, but if you forcibly stop yourself from ever engaging in homosexual behavior, then God might still let you into heaven"

Also I feel like I'd like to see some data on this "for every genetic conslusion, there is an environmental conclusion" claim. Also, please disregard any study conducted by or for a group that feels homosexuality is -bad- instead of simply an existing concept to study. It's in the best interests of those opposed to homosexuality to conclude that it is a free choice, because it justifies their ability to view it negatively. If it were actually concluded that it is even only in a slim majority of cases, they simply were made that way (made by God, in God's image, in that way) it would be a lot harder to justify treating it as a horrible evil sin.

Show me where unbiased scientific sources who don't have an agenda to come down on one side or the other are concluding environment in equal numbers to genetic.
devonin is offline   Reply With Quote