Old 03-19-2012, 01:10 PM   #666
Elite Ninja
Kawaii Desu
Difficulty Consulting Cat
Difficulty ConsultantFFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default Re: Dragons Fury: Custom Tournament #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by hi19hi19 View Post
Song 2: I Will Love Again (Nightcore Mix)
Stepartist: Elite Ninja
Very basic, fun stuff.
This kind of file reminds me of a file from 2006 or so, in a good way. No focus on technicality at all, just solid fun patterns and good energy.
Surprised to see a compliment on this chart actually haha. I didn't expect anyone to like it. Thanks ^^

Quote:
Originally Posted by hi19hi19 View Post
Song 1: Rivers of Avalon (Nightcore Mix)
Stepartist: Elite Ninja
Got the same vibe from this file as I Will Love Again, real oldschool style file.
Some of the 16th patterns I would have chose differently (a few of them that ended in one-handed gallops) and I'm not sure why you layered the jumps in the 16ths at the end but not at the beginning, was that climax theory at work or was there a sound I missed?
But this kind of file, you usually ignore technicality discussions... it was pretty fun and the song had a great energy, that's what counts in the end.
Yep, it sure was climax theory. Didn't want it to be repetitive so I spiced it up. I do agree that some of the pattern choices were poorly chosen. When I stepped this I sorta stepped it in a symmetrical way which I did a lot when I was new to stepping. I wasn't very good at stepping with variety back then. Thanks for the review ^^

Also I get comments about my files feeling oldschool a lot .-. (why?)