Old 03-8-2012, 08:08 PM   #18
bmah
shots FIRED
Global Moderator, User Support, Judge
Global ModeratorFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Default Re: Returning to FFR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pizza_Pi View Post
That sounds like a good idea, but more of a quick fix to the situation. If I found one of my step sets were out of sync, I would go and do it over, and make sure in syncs!
The judging process still looks out for sync/gap issues, so problems should be few if any. You cannot, however, avoid the small but noticeable differences of sound output and response time that accompany various hardware, so it's not so much of a "quick fix" as it is a sensible solution to acknowledge users with different keyboards and audio outputs.

However, there are probably still a number of very noticeably offsync songs that are NOT in the Legacy section (Legacy songs will be left untouched, sync included). If you do find one of these, please report it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pizza_Pi View Post
I can give you all a list of problems I notice with a whole lot of the simfiles/step sets here in FFR.
- Random off beat steps meant to go with vocals. This is the top of the list because it's the mot vague and most frustrating aspect of some of the FFR step sets. There is a random note that ha this precarious colour because its fitted to go with some vocals in the song or some other sound. But it's hard to hit that step accurately and get a feel for that step in turn.
- Standalone steps. These are steps that are maybe at the beginning of the song, or at the end, where there's absolutely no beat or rhythm to follow, or any music whatsoever. This also makes the timing too vague for players to follow the step.
- Strange combinations of doubles or triples. This is probably a more debatable point in my list, but it's one of the troubles with FFR at times, is that there may be multiple doubles in a row. That's okay if it flows smoothly and lets the player get a hold of it. But if used improperly, it can cause an unneeded spike in difficulty in an otherwise fair song, and should be used sparingly.
All of these suggestions are case-dependent and are more often than not your personal preferences in stepping. There's rarely a factor in stepping that's outright "wrong". However, you're welcome to state your opinions on the songs that are released - not to mention that there's nothing stopping you from trying to submit your own the way you see it.
bmah is offline   Reply With Quote