Old 01-6-2012, 02:23 PM   #38
Emithith
FFR Player

Default Re: Your favorite songs in video games

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnkownMan View Post
*applause at un-welcomed bump*
Welcome to FFR, letschat6.
What are you saying? Speak for yourself, I never saw this thread and I'm happy it got bumped.

I listen to way too much VGM, so of course I am going to just dump a bunch of songs here for you guys, and I guess I'll even tell you why I like the tune for whatever reason..
I LOVE this theme, it instills so much hope that you will find a way to save Yuna and (spoiler, but this game has been out for 10 years..) defeat Sin. It also has a darker tone to it that makes me feel a little sad because the pilgrimage is almost over and Yuna will die if she gets the Final Aeon. I'm always looking for this theme though and finding that other Zanarkand song too, which is also kinda good.

This is a really sweet song that has an upbeat tone to it, the lyrics (translated ones, that is..) are kinda cute too. It's a perfect song for the ending of Persona 3 that makes me kinda remember all that I have done in the game and make me feel nostalgic. So A+ for being the best possible ending theme it could be, since it achieved all that it was trying to.

This boss theme is SICK, I remember playing this game when I was 8 and thinking "I'm going to beat this boss and feel like a badass at the same time". The song is an overall awesome tune for a boss theme, but there are even better songs in this game, so go nuts and listen to them all.

This song is so sad. I beat all of FFTA2 and I don't even remember when this is used. I keep listening to it and feeling a little remorse though so it has to be when something bad happens like a judge dying or something, I can't even remember. It might even be used in the last dungeon, but I don't remember.

This song is the main theme for the whole game. It gets used in the Observatory that you get to go back to as many times as you want since it's basically HQ kinda for the Celestrians (which you're on a quest to protect the mortals..) but the worst part about this song is the fact that once you beat the game you never have the opportunity to hear it again unless you start a new game (which, there is SO much shit to do in the post game, so you really can't without alot of issues..). This game is excellent and I suggest to any of you who haven't played it already to atleast pick up the game, you deserve that much if you call yourself a JRPG gamer, or even just a RPG player.

vv Recommended vv
I've never actually played Shatter, but this song is SO swagerrific. Let me just describe Shatter for you. It's basically breakout. BUT ON CRACK. It has enhanced visuals and so many new modes to play, and there's bosses and shit that you can beat. This game has really awesome music. Go and listen to some more. The best part of this song is in the middle. Pretty awesome for a breakout style game, huh?
It has like the biggest buildup of all time. It's so awesome.

I'll come back in this thread again soon, don't wanna dump too much at one time lol.

Last edited by Emithith; 01-6-2012 at 02:38 PM..
Emithith is offline   Reply With Quote