Old 12-7-2011, 02:55 PM   #159
stavie33
FFR Player
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Default Re: FFR 6th Official Tourney Songs Discussion: Round 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo man im awesome View Post
You know, there's something I don't understand:

Why is it people can't just play a file and say they like it or not? Why is it they have to scrutinize every last detail like, for example, let's say it was 1 3 2 4, but the person stepped 4231. Everyone just seems to btich and whine about it and claim that a file is then bad because of it (clearly an exaggeration, but I'm trying to make a point). I don't understand why judges look for correct-ness in a file rather than how fun it is. Shouldn't that matter? I mean, how many new players (and I mean new, not switching from SM) are gonna see the difference, let alone care? Those new players are going to want to play a fun game; they could care less how "correct" it is. I don't think we ever should have invented crap like "PR" or anything like that. Because now that's all people think about when they step. There are very few files that are still being made/being accepted for the fun anymore. There are even less people out there who believe the fun factor is important anymore. To be honest, I think we have less stepartists now not because of the site crash, but because we've scared everyone into thinking that getting their file accepted is all but impossible. I think our judging system (and our way of thinking for stepping) should be completely overhauled and returned to the main idea of fun and entertainment.

/mad
A fun file is the most desirable, but a fun file is almost always a good file. You can't have a bad file and have it be fun. An incorrect file can be fun, but not a bad file. A bad file implies it's un-enjoyable to play or not synced/stepped to something completely different, which would then juxtapose the music and have it be less enjoyable. Correctness is one thing, but if the judges find a file fun, it generally gets a positive review. I've never seen 'this file is a blast to play! But it's so horribly stepped we have to give it a -'.
You're holding me down (Oh Oh)
Turning me round (Oh Oh)
Filling me up with your rules (Oooh)
stavie33 is offline   Reply With Quote