View Single Post
Old 12-7-2011, 01:53 AM   #4225
Xx{Midnight}xX
FFR Player

Default Re: Ingame Song Information

Quote:
Originally Posted by emulord View Post
K8107 is a VC for the same reason Teh Tricky Techno is a 9. Sure if you can't do it, you dump goods everywhere on the trilljump garbage, but once you can do it, its easily AAAable.
Lol this just says that you don't know what you're talking about.

So let me give what I feel is the correct explanation. (Feel free Aj or someone else to correct me in some spots.)

Teh Tricky Techno is a 9 for the same reason Famouz is a 9. They're both to short to be ranked up with other 10s despite songs like Be Princess or Aztec Templing and even Mute City (Remix) [subjectively] being easier to PA.

Another example of a (seemingly) underrated song is Mutant Core. The song is very short and under a minute, but I would bet you a good deal that it'd be an FGO if it was exactly 1:30 long assuming it maintains the difficulty already there.

Final example is World Tour 2004. The song is 8 minutes long, though it bounces between being a low 8 to a mid 10 (subjective) it sits at an FMO difficulty rated.

In short: The length of these songs is the reasoning of their difficulty along with the chart it's self. This is not always the case however.

Also the "can you do it" section of judging difficulties doesn't apply at all (ever.) It's based off speed of the song (BPM), notes per second (NPS), sometimes time, and the overall difficulty to PA/FC in terms of framers and the like (see Fall Silently as an example of this.)

Edit: Also I suggest we lower Novo and bump up K8107. Novo is quite honestly easier than Didji PIC or whatever the hell it's called.
Xx{Midnight}xX is offline   Reply With Quote