View Single Post
Old 10-7-2011, 03:30 AM   #2277
hi19hi19
lol happy
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Default Re: Dragons Fury: Custom Tournament #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLAZZEismyname View Post
See here folks? This is a man magnetically attracted to any mention of his name. ANYWHERE ON THE INTERNET. Be afraid.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Anyway gonna post a score for this round and my reviews, which of course will get bottom paged again.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This file is easy and fun. Except for the very difficult transitions in the 16th jumps. I'm amazed I didn't get a boo or twelve in those sections on this sightread.
I can definitely do better than this. Besides those sections which are short enough to be tolerable this file is a lot of fun so I will be improving this most likely.
By the way, what the hell does the song title have to do with the song..?

REVIEWS ARE HERE READ THEM KTHX

What... what the hell was that song?
Anyway the file was... as weird as the song lol. The patterns alternated hands nicely and had a good flow.
D1 definitely getting it rough, this color arrow spam is hard to PA!
One mean spot is definitely the fast left-handed gallop to the talking in the middle, seems very easy to split that.
Anyway, 10/10 for the file, the sync felt right and there was nothing wrong with the patterns.

I guess it's pretty telling when my least favorite of Scintill's files thus far is still unquestionably a 10/10.
The one-handed triplets at the start are difficult, and I really disagree with the 1 321 pattern for the three note 32nd rolls. Though it might be technically correct it was fairly awkward.
The gallops were difficult to PA in general, especially when they led into a 16th stream. Good difficulty for D1 right here. The stream patterns were fine.
Still definitely a 10/10 though, it was fun and well stepped overall and that's what counts.

Dang that's some fast jumpstreams for a D2 file! Turning up the heat 0_o
I got caught off guard by that one blue jump in the middle stream- I was a bit unclear but it seemed like it was to the vocals, either way it definitely got me that average and boo.
(If you're curious I got the good on the very last note. Yes I'm awful at this game.)
Anyway the 8th jump patterns were fine. Despite those long 8th jacks there weren't many anchor-y type awkward patterns, so well done there.
Despite that generic-ness and the fact I'm not a fan of the song I'll still give this a 10/10, it was quite fun and certainly nothing blatantly wrong.

I just wasn't quite feeling this one.
I couldn't hear the justification for the 32nds- possibly my fault but it was definitely not loud and obvious, which is what I would prefer for such difficult patterns of the file.
The green jumps were also odd but I could at least hear that the guitar had a bend there, however the sound didn't seem worth stepping with jumptrills.
The gaps in the streams also seemed very strangely placed. My gut feeling is that they were going to the rhythm guitar or maybe the hi-hat, but it felt off.
Overall seemed actually to be harder than the song needed to be. I'll go with a 8/10... it was definitely fun but some things just didn't feel right.
p.s. y u no respond to my pm

Broken AirRow... this file is god-****ing awful, the more I play it the more I regret not asking for it to be replaced.
I'd maybe give this like a 4/10 if I was feeling generous, it's not fun, the patterns are awful, the JS is retarded, BLAH!
Despite Halogen calling me a "humble bastard" I'm absolutely serious when I say I personally find little to be proud of in this file. At least it's on sync.
I'll post scores for this file when I have a score worth posting... my current best on this is 29 goods with multiple averages, misses and boos >_>
Having made the file is definitely not an advantage here, I come pre-equipped with some awful mental blocks and already hated the file before it went in the game.
(In case you thought I was a humble bastard: I stepped Revo Etude damn well and I'm concerned Silvuh's file for FFR won't be better. SO THERE AJ I CAN BE COCKY IF I WANT)

Okay... lol definitely didn't focus on the hardest part in the preview vid, you're right. Dem jacks.
The first part of the file was kind of boring- maybe it was supposed to be hard to PA? It was slow and the only place it seemed you could really get lost was the 141414 sections.
The cyan arrow gallops were basically a guaranteed good each, apparently I cannot do those for the life of me.
I was really caught off guard by the jacks and the 1-handed trills and as you can see I totally botched this sightread as a result.

On this second play-through I really figured out the swing and actually AAA'd the first section. Still not particularly fun for me though.
I was a little too worried and wound up mashing the 48th rolls and the 32nd trill more than I should have- I could definitely do better than this.
However having given the file a fair shot I can say... I LOVE the jack section! It's just the right speed for me and I could basically play it all day.
The beginning seems too far below the difficulty of rest of the file, as if it's just there as ragebait to go through over and over again while you fail on the jacks.
The ending section seemed rather unnecessary too.
Overall this is just a super technical file, which is not really my style.
I'll refrain from giving this a number rating- it's just very different (though don't take that to mean I think it's badly stepped- far from it)

This file is so cute! Cute name, cute song, cute file, cute everything. I want to cuddle it.
Quite spiky in the difficulty- the roll and jack at the start, then obviously the jumpspams and strange 32nd rolls. But everything else is very tame.
As far as the stepping goes, I found nothing to disagree with. The rolls, while strange, fit perfectly, the jumpspams were not egregious... truly well done.
In any case this is 10/10 material in a heartbeat. The file is very short, very fun, and thus very whore-able so I forsee a lot of AAAs.

That pattern. Hooooooly shit.
It took so much will not to just mash (12) in my left hand but I kept myself from doing it. I couldn't keep up though and still got some aves and boos and one miss.
Also derped 2 misses in the solo but I'm sure I could FC that with a few tries. The beginning though? Quite beyond me, I'm surprised I did as well as I did.
The rest of the file was fun. Jumpstreams were mostly good but there were some pretty bad anchor type patterns especially in the last half.
The solo was... well I couldn't even tell. It was a wall of arrows that I guess might have been on sync? lol
Felt mostly like climax theory, I definitely felt the pressure as the solo went on and the NPS got higher and higher. If that was intended you did marvelously.
Overall this file just felt about two steps short of a dump, but was really fun regardless. (NVLM already had the dump covered though so I guess you had to step it legit haha)
I'm not giving this a number rating as I'm clearly not skilled enough to fully appreciate it.
THAT SAID, if I did give this file a number it would not be a high one- that beginning is some serious bullshit and you know it.

Damn, this should have been an FC but I missed in the last 32nd thing. I'm sure I can FC this.
Seemed a lot easier than Road of Death, that said, both are pretty ridiculous.
Took me a bit to realize what the green arrows were going to but once I did they seemed fine. Didn't make it any harder, you could hit them all as jumps just fine...
The jumpstream before the 32nd/24th wall in the middle is the best part. Great flow there. Said wall is also pretty fun, but the 432132 thing is a little hard for me to hit at that speed.
There are some really fast (13)(24) jumptrills that are also quite tricky because of the speed of the 1-handed trills you have to do.
Overall another file that's beyond my ability to give a number rating. But definitely something in the 9/10+ range, this file is loads of fun.

I think I finally know what people talk about when they say the miss glitch >_>
All 6 misses were on the jumps after 3 of the 32nd rolls and all were total BS. I can FC this for sure, in fact it seemed easier than the D5 files except for the length.
The only really hard parts seemed to be the 32nd rolls (though they were jumptrillable for sure) and the 48th roll at the start.
Either way I have to say I'm not a huge fan of this song or this file. Not going to play it again, it wasn't really that fun for me :/

lmfaooooo this file. Where do I even start. Half the time I can't even combo the 32nd jumptrills at the start, you really expect me to give a meaningful review?
One funny thing I noticed is that I'm not listed as the stepartist. Probably a good thing; not sure I want to be associated with this abomination anymore XD
I did combo the minijacks in this run though, high five
In the end, I give this file a D6isboned/10

EDIT- Middie... no offense taken. It IS sloppy. And I'm sure you can find the original floating around the internuts somewhere, just ask people. For example obviously Rebound has it.

Last edited by hi19hi19; 10-7-2011 at 04:50 AM..