View Single Post
Old 09-16-2011, 02:35 PM   #4021
qqwref
stepmania archaeologist
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Default Re: Ingame Song Information

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmah View Post
I think the lower-level songs should be closely scrutinized as well. Most people will forget about them once they're AAAed.
I agree. Unfortunately, upper-level players generally have no feel for where lower-level songs can be placed, so we can't really help. Since the difficulty of a song should be determined by how hard it is to people who play songs around that level, it'd be kind of silly for people with FMO AAAs to decide what's a 5 and what's a 6.

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychoangel691 View Post
Apparently you missed the point that I was making. The point was everyone wants to complain but no one wants to step up and fix it.
On the contrary - I see people stepping up and fixing it all the time. I regularly see lists of exactly where someone would place the higher songs, and pretty recently a few people offered to put all the songs in the game into the 1-15 framework. The problem is that people on staff never agree to the fixes or implement them, so nothing goes anywhere and then it looks like nobody is putting in any effort to help.

And I should point out that people don't make complaints about difficulties because they want to be jerks and denigrate the hard work of others. They make complaints because they think the system would be better with a certain change.
qqwref is offline   Reply With Quote