View Single Post
Old 08-15-2011, 01:03 AM   #1
Kraezymann
Forum User
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via MSN to Kraezymann
Default Attention all creative thinkers!

I need your help! I thought posting this in the art board would stir up some dormant talent that I know must lay in some of you.

What I need from you is the following:

A way to produce steam or fog in the same amount of space as a backpack.

To put it in some context, for Hallowe'en I'm going steampunk - and I want to actually be able to produce steam. I need a way to produce it that is cheap, and can fit in a backpack, which I shall cleverly disguise as part of my costume. I also want to be able to produce it at anytime or constantly (as long as its not overpowering), so perhaps something battery powered would be best. The steam does not need to rise or anything, as long as it just appears.

Any and all ideas are welcome, and I will list them in this post so we can keep track of who said what. I will also be posting pictures of the project over time, not just of the backpack, but of the costume overall.

For really good ideas I think I will distribute credits - I have just over 75K and I rarely play the game, so I think I will use them up this way instead by giving out 1000 credits for each really good and creative idea that I see - up to 5K per person... I don't want to give them all away before other people have a chance! I know its not much, but its really all I have to give, and my graphic skills are... well... mediocre at best.

Thank you for your time and effort, and I really think I will see some clever ideas!

IMPORTANT! This is NOT a thread for making hazardous materials or explosives of ANY type. If I see people in here asking about making anything of the sort or providing instructions - dry ice bombs or pressurized gas or anything that would be considred dangerous - I will report you. It IS against FFR Rules to provide such information.

Go watch Mythbusters instead.

EDIT #1: Thank you dag12
EDIT #2: Thanks dayum/Reincarnate
EDIT #3: Precautionary addition to post
EDIT #4: Thanks ES

List of ideas so far

- dry ice in backpack - maybe a bit of a safety issue, unless we find a foolproof way to do something with it. EnigmaticSingularity has a pump/fan idea. Possibly without the fan?

Submit to this -

Last edited by Kraezymann; 08-15-2011 at 08:39 PM..
Kraezymann is offline   Reply With Quote