Old 07-11-2011, 08:04 PM   #66
ScylaX
urararararararara
FFR Music Producer

Send a message via MSN to ScylaX Send a message via Skype™ to ScylaX
Default Re: Is veganism wrong?

Okay so I'm in an arguing mood right now
Quote:
So you think that humans are the only things to have minds, or at the very least, minds enough that they can experience anything close to what a human experiences. I suggest you go click Reincarnate's link in the free will thread...anthropomorphization is hardly dumb.
I wasn't talking of that type of anthropomorphization, more like something you feel the possible pain of the animal so much that you feel like you were at its place. I talk about considering, at some approximative points, that the animal is your equal on the scale of the society ; of course, when you kill an animal, you will not just kill it in the most savage way possible - even if there would not be difference on the matter of energy spent to kill - because as an human you still have ethics and animals are still living beings to you, it doesn't matter if they're perfectly aware of themselves and can experience something that comes close to human empirism, you don't measure that kind of metric when you're feeling close to another organic living being.
However as "human" an animal could seem, it's still a living being you'll eat for nutritive purpose. And I assume veganists just don't want to harm them because they feel like these animals are as human as they are at some point.

Damn. Really. I should study linguistic more because I feel like there is a huge semantic gap between what you mean and what I mean when we're talking about anthropomorphization

Last edited by ScylaX; 07-11-2011 at 08:06 PM..
ScylaX is offline   Reply With Quote