View Single Post
Old 06-15-2011, 11:16 PM   #463
T-Force
Your world ends with you
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Default Re: NHL Playoffs Predictions (Credit Giveaway)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibblre View Post
Eagerly awaiting Trevor's post.
Hahahaha, stay away from the edge of your seat. I took a few laps down South Fraser Way here in Abbotsford. There's still a fair few of us still celebrating.

Welp, 107 games, 8 months, 1 fantastic sport.
Ladies and gentlemen, it is over. The Boston Bruins are your 2010-11 Stanley Cup champions after a VERY convincing 4-0 shutout of the Vancouver Canucks, in Vancouver.
Very solid defensive game by the Bruins. They got to every rebound, got in front of too many shots, and caused havoc all around. I tip my hat to them for a great series and a great season.

Tim Thomas. 37. Lost his starting job last season and turned it around and became this: Conn Smythe winner and Stanley Cup champion.

And, no matter what, I still have a few bright sides with Boston. Recchi wins his 3rd Cup with his 3rd different team. Fun fact. 20 years separate 2 of his Cups. 1990-91 with Pittsburgh, 2010-11 with Boston. If any of you feel old, just think about that for a moment.

And Milan Lucic. Wow. Born in Vancouver. Won a Memorial Cup with the Vancouver Giants the year Vancouver hosts. Wins a Stanley Cup in Vancouver as part of Boston. There truly is no place like home.

And, all-in-all, I'm still happy with my boys. They had one fantastic season, and gave hope to a new generation of fans. They'll be back soon.
There's always next year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zageron View Post
What I dislike... is that the actions of a few people get Vancouver bad rep. 99.9% of the Canucks fans ARE NOT RIOTING! If anyone was thinking about it, don't classify the whole city/country in with those stupid people.
Not to mention, $2 says that the only rioters are drunks, or bandwagoners. True fans will have appreciated their team for a fantastic year, and won't dwell too hard on this.

NOW THEN, to the awards.

Out of the 11 pickers this round, only 3 of you picked Boston. Much congratulations to VarleyisDance for winning the bonus credits by correctly guessing Boston in 7.

I will be sending everyone's credits out momentarily.

Also, a big congrats to TC_Cyrenics for being this year's top picker by going 10-5. The only person to reach double digits. I'll be whipping up a nice little something for you.

Well guys, it's been fun. Hope to host something like this next season.

Cheers.

Last edited by T-Force; 06-15-2011 at 11:29 PM..
T-Force is offline   Reply With Quote