View Single Post
Old 06-9-2011, 06:06 PM   #36
stargroup100
behanjc & me are <3'ers
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music Producer

Default Re: KeyBeatOnline.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by wargasm1 View Post
I like kbo better than ffr, the 6k is kickass. i dont login cause theres no grandtotal rank and ffr has it :P.
As the lead game designer and the person who insisted strongly on this decision, I want explain why I don't this particular statistic visible to the public.

Games are addictive and drive people to return because of the rewards players feel when playing the game and the goals they are aiming for. A high rank in grand total indicates primarily one particular factor: time spent on the game. It is an irrelevant mechanic that artificially attaches people to the game, similar to the achievement lists for a lot of games on Steam. I don't want people striving for this kind of goal. KBO is a game that is very particular about the way it is designed and structured, and I want people to enjoy and pay attention to that without distracting goals that don't contribute to the game itself. I want the reward to be the enjoyment one feels in the connection between the game and the music, not an artificial title such as "grand total."

Piano Etude Demon Fire sheet music
stargroup100 is offline   Reply With Quote