Thread: Drugs
View Single Post
Old 05-14-2011, 12:38 PM   #234
ffraxis
FFR Player

Default Re: Drugs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddrxero64 View Post
I wanted to ask, when one says they're found in plants, is there a process to how they're added? For example, weed is grown and is smoked right from the plant. But can you do the same with the narcotics you listed? Or does it go through some man made process to be used or added with something else? Just a question, I never looked into it and you seem like you might know. I think some people should define "man made."
Man made = semi-synthetic/synthesized through multiple processes, usually 2 or more steps with changes to the chemical structure of the target substance. (Basic definition)

semi-synthetic = chemical synthesis that uses isolated compounds from "natural sources" like plants as the raw materials for chemical synthesis.

synthetic = (since it is chemistry, we can refer to this as chemical synthesis) the combination of two or more parts (substances/compounds) to produce one or more products (final product/substance/compound) which are considered artificial due to human manipulation.
ffraxis is offline   Reply With Quote