Old 05-3-2011, 01:57 PM   #230
Aldentron
Forum User

Send a message via Skype™ to Aldentron
Default Re: Drugs

Just getting into this thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by XXXsmittyXXX View Post
If it grows on the ground, or in the ground, i say go for it. Definitely weed. All that man made garbage is horrible for you.
Most drugs consist of organic compounds. Organic compounds are found in all living things. All living things includes plants.

An easy way to understand the organic structures in medicines are to look at their names, in this case I will list all the drugs that are amines (organic compounds that contain Nitrogen.) Notice that they all end with the -ine suffix.
Cocaine
Heroine
Methamphetamine
Nicotine
Caffeine
Mescaline
etc.
Usually when I hear some one say they support things that grow in the ground, I assume they specifically are talking about marijuana, so I want to make it a point that most narcotics are made from plants.

But I do share this viewpoint, that marijuana should be legalized and none of the rest. I was prescribed a combination of Depakote and Celexa to help with my bipolar depression. This disorder was crippling to my every day life, and the medicine did help with that, however, Depakote does an immense amount of damage to one's liver. I continued to smoke and ceased taking my medication. I feel no difference between how I feel on my medicine vs. how I feel now, and for me, getting high is strictly a social thing.

As for the health side effects of smoking marijuana, my dad was born in the 40s, in his 20s he was a hippie. He's been smoking weed and drinking for his entire life, and he's still alive and kicking in his 70s. He still works out, too.
i remember a time when he wuz kewl

like... wut
Aldentron is offline   Reply With Quote