View Single Post
Old 04-11-2011, 05:27 PM   #296
igotrhythm
Fractals!
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to igotrhythm
Default Re: How to get better at FFR

Despite general acceptance that it's easier to score well with two hands than one, one-handers do have certain advantages, namely with jacks, jumps and trills. Spread players often complain about files that have more notes that they hit with one hand than their other, giving rise to things like "left-hand bias". With one-handers, they don't have to worry about such awkwardness as much, and indeed might be said to have a bit of an advantage on songs like Counter Strike Gun Sounds, Club or AIM Anthem, which are notorious for their jackhammer sections.

There have been some rather impressive one-handed players in years past, such as Yesssss (I hope I got the number of letters right), who gained fame for passing St. Scarhand on StepMania using only one hand, and before the Big Shutdown we had Bynary Fission and RB_Quackies. The latter was even forced to switch to one-handed from spread after getting into a car accident.

In the end, it's all about personal preference.

Last edited by igotrhythm; 04-11-2011 at 05:31 PM..
igotrhythm is offline   Reply With Quote