View Single Post
Old 03-21-2011, 09:03 PM   #62
qqwref
stepmania archaeologist
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Default Re: Of what value are credits to you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimerax View Post
can easily do that if you guys want.
Nope, this would suck. Average rank would cease to become useful if there's a "how fuccen rich are you" component.

Quote:
Originally Posted by qqwref View Post
Maybe you could allow people to trade in something like 100,000 credits for being a Veteran for a month - but those credits would then be gone from the economy.
I still like this idea, and I think to add to it, we need to add a few more Veteran-only features. So here's a neat one: how about we make all queued songs Veteran-only (or most, if you wanna keep special-release songs out of it). Something like 50 bonus songs, playable weeks months before the real release? You'd definitely get people shelling out that 100k cash, and that would take credits out of the general economy. Most people with millions of credits are Veterans, sure, but they're not using the credits anyway, so a lot of those credits are not really in circulation.

Now, just like the old days when subbies had a few extra songs, these would all be non-public. I imagine jimerax could just release them all at once in a lump after every batch, which would avoid having to do a lot of work every week (he'd just have to set a bunch of songs to be public). Plus, all the Veterans could discuss the songs, and work together with the stepartists to get any necessary fixes made. And, for the public users, none of the released songs would have glaring problems, so it would look a lot more professional.
qqwref is offline   Reply With Quote