View Single Post
Old 02-23-2011, 10:45 PM   #377
lumphoboextreme
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to lumphoboextreme Send a message via Yahoo to lumphoboextreme Send a message via Skype™ to lumphoboextreme
Default Re: FFR poker league -ongoing-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reach View Post
K10 is alright in some spots, especially in position. Especially 6 handed. 9 handed you'll end up driving a cab unless you know the table.

Shit like K6 is crap that falls into the super -EV zone. It baffles me how often I get paid off by people playing these hands, especially from the blinds. Nothing gets me more excited than the idiot reluctantly calling me from the blinds, because a raise on the button must be a steal, check calling/betting into me to the river and giving me his stack holding something like that.

I'm not actually familiar with optimal play in shootouts, but from those free ones that I have won, I mostly play tight until the blinds go up so I'm isolated against only a few players, and then simply exploit their mistakes. I find either the big stack is often spewy and tries too hard to get me out quickly, leading me to quickly double up several times and take the lead and him to start flaming me in the chat, or he gets too tight and I can start stealing a lot of pots.

In the second round things become pretty standard. People seem to do less dumb shit here but will also play tighter when things come down to it, so by playing aggressively you can win a lot of chips.
i'll call raises from the blinds with hands like 78 suited and 45 suited stuff like that because it's either hit or miss and only good players can see it coming. those hands are really profitable for me. implied odds are great. hit and win big, miss and fold.