View Single Post
Old 12-23-2010, 09:10 PM   #142
foxfire667
The FFRchiver
Retired StaffFFR Music ProducerD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default Re: Skill Token Suggestion

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneHandNow View Post
You guys should remember that only a handful of people (<1000) are actually involved in skill token whoring.. if not less than 500.. Hell, I don't even think 90% of FFR players know about skill tokens.. it's really no big deal.

Make uberharddumbashell tokens, doesn't matter.
Make newbie tokens that require an Excite Bike AAA, doesn't matter.

But having more content (aka tokens) = always better.

Imagine if you got tokens for just about everything! 1000 posts, 5000 gameplays, 10000 gameplays, 50000 gameplays, 5 bil points, 10 bil points, etc..
If those tokens were translated into achievement points, then now we have a merits system (sort of) that drives players to not just whore certain songs, but to become a part of the community in general. I can't tell you how many times I've seen good players / dedicated players with less than 5 posts on this forum, if not 0...

So, make achievement points or something that can relate to tokens.. and yeah.

Sorry this was a long random rant but I just got the idea today :O
With a hell of a lot of tokens/achievements it is true people will actually go out of their way to do things to obtain them, which gets more people involved in whatever it is you put the achievements up for. Although in this scenario the majority of these tokens/achievements are usually fairly easy, while a few are for progressing and advancing people in the game (which are usually worth more reward, points, etc.)

The thing with FFR skill tokens so far though is that they only have to deal with the FFR engine itself. In other words, setting up skill tokens that deal with things outside of playing the game alone might seem a bit odd at first. If that is overlooked, then having a series of tokens/achievements for other things could be a nice addition. Maybe a new category...site tokens or something I don't know. Then the next thing in question would be what would they unlock? Should they give you new songs...or perhaps credits, maybe access to a site feature. If it is credits, then it will speed up the rate at which they can try out secret and purchased songs (which might be a plus at first, especially to new players having trouble getting many credits).
- Have your post quoted on the forum (50 credits)
- Create a signature (50 credits)
- Add an avatar, banner, and background to your profile (100 credits)
etc, etc.