View Single Post
Old 11-23-2010, 01:49 PM   #162
rushyrulz
Digital Dancing!
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default Re: New Veteran Status - Opinions?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TC_Halogen View Post
How about coming up with a point system that can combine each and every aspect together so that having a portion of all three can satisfy the veteran requirement?

ex: obtain 4,500 points

forum post: +1 for every two posts
account length: +750 per year
game: +1 per every 5,000,000 gts

etc.

basically, the point I'm trying to make is, a user can obtain veteran status by using two aspects, rather than just a single one

Let's use wc (who happened to be at the end of page 8 and because he's my b*tch so I'll do it anyway :3)

Account length: 4.27 (x 750) ~ 3,201
GTS: 11,337,198,895 (÷ 5,000,000) ~ 2,267
Forum Posts: 9,190 (÷ 2) = 4,595

in this case, you have a user who's been active (4.27 years), shows that they have a great interest in the game (11 bil GTS), and they are extremely active in the community (albeit a bit trolly). However, their continued interest in the site has racked them enough points to be a veteran more than twice over (10,063).

I can already see people complaining about the system because they choose not to do one of the few things, but the way that I see it - if you haven't been on the site long, why should you be considered? If you don't play the game a lot, why should you be considered? If you can't be bothered to jump in the community, why should you be considered? Forcing two different requirements to be partially attained rather than a single one assures users getting rewarded for what they do, whether it be an active poster in the community or an active player.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rushyrulz View Post
I like devonin's idea on the 7 years = veteran ; 1 year = GTS/posts.

But I think it would be easier if there were a BUNCH of factors that could contribute, like say there's a point-based scale where you would need 1000 to become veteran. There could be factors such as:

Every 1 billion GTS = 100 points
Every 1000 forum posts = 150 points
Every 6 months on the site = 150 points
Every 5000 FFR Games played = 150 points
Every token (skill/reg) = 15 points
Maybe something for profile votes or MP games

I think it should be a high points goal with a ton of possibilities. This way, the amount of work is more equal. If someone plays the game a ton and doesn't go on the forums, they could rely on the game metrics of the point scale and they wouldn't have to go whore posts in the forums. If someone's more social and on the forums, they could obtain Veteran Status by racking up points with posts/profiles and wouldn't have to play the game if they don't want.

Subtracting from 7 years just seems odd to me, but the concept is great.

Oh, and additional rewards for people who rock the forums and the game

Lets see if DarkbearX trolls you too with all the "hard to code" bullcrap.

rushyrulz is offline   Reply With Quote