View Single Post
Old 12-19-2009, 02:03 PM   #157
Ryn2075
FFR Player

Default Re: What happens after we die.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mollocephalus View Post
I'd really like you to do that.

Determinism is what i'm talking about. I could say the same for me, that i am what i am because of the experiences i've had, and the same applies for every other living being. It's important that a tradition of non-traditionalism is shared, so that your choices are not forced by someone else's thought, but guided by analisys. I don't need to explain to you the difference between doing something just following a basic instinct and doing something because all the relevant factors have been scrutinized.

I'm actually talking about inducing via social structures the ability to think for oneself, opposed to socially inducing a set of standard behaviours and ideas that people do not analyze and live by.
I can speak only for myself in response to this, but I've said it a couple times before, and I'll say it again. I chose to be what I am, not because of someone else, but because of my own life experiences. I've considered other ways of life that may make me happier and that might make more sense, and I've considered ways of life that would not make me happy and that make absolutely no sense. I certainly am not a tool of thoughtless, social monotony, and the choice I made has been my own through my own informed research. If you think I'm stupid for that, then feel free to think that, but please don't assume that my choice was made without careful consideration.

~Ryan

Last edited by Ryn2075; 12-19-2009 at 02:06 PM..
Ryn2075 is offline   Reply With Quote