Thread: Good Morning
View Single Post
Old 10-2-2009, 02:19 PM   #17
MalReynolds
CHOCK FULL O' NUTRIENTS
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to MalReynolds
Default Re: Good Morning

I know. And as a writer, I'm not going to be there every time to my readers to explain what my motivation is when I write each thing, or forget to add something (even if it's around 2 lines near the end).

As it stands, I'm actually kind of fine with him just representing bad memories. Other people that are in the same line of work could very well represent good memories, as well.

There was a story I read by Stephen King about this guy who would write down symbols, and someone would die. He got paid in cash every week, and eventually he found out his targets were small time dissenters, print journalists for tiny newspapers, and he found out who he worked for - some office, and he wrote all their names down to kill them. I hated the ending. Hated, hated, hated it. It was awful, because it was a story that was so deliciously ambiguous that bringing it to the close it came to killed the rest of the story. It went from "Hm, this is interesting," to, "Oh. Okay."

I read that story after I wrote this one, though.

In any case, content wise (besides the ambiguosity), did you like it?

Also, +1 for getting more replies in a lit thread in 2 days than most get in a week.

"Readers who prefer tension and romance, Maledictions: The Offering, delivers... As serious YA fiction, I’ll give it five stars out of five. As a novel? Four and a half." - Liz Ellor

My new novel:

Maledictions: The Offering.

Now in Paperback!
MalReynolds is offline   Reply With Quote