View Single Post
Old 09-21-2009, 01:36 AM   #1
Laharl
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Laharl Send a message via MSN to Laharl
Default Dungeon Fighter Online

http://dungeonfighter.nexon.net/

It's entering open beta on the 22nd. Basically, take Golden Axe and make it an MMO, and this is kind of how it'd turn out.

5 classes so far, and each one is very different from the last. I've made each of them up to level 5 just to get a general feel for them and stuck with the Priest because he uses a giant effin' wooden cross to bash things and that's just too badass for me to pass up.

I believe you can still get early access beta keys from various game related websites (like 1up or Gamespot) and if they still have early access keys, the DFO website has a link to where to pick them up.

It's from the same guys that did Maple Story, so it's actually extremely well put together and quite fun. I need people to play it with, so SIGN UP AND LET'S GET THIS PARTY STARTED.

Last thing of note: It's going to be exactly like Maple Story in the sense that it will be entirely FREE-TO-PLAY. YAY!

PEOPLE WHO PLAY:

Laharl: Vaughn (Priest), Gutentag (Slayer), Rickroller (Fighter)

Sir Psycho: OlGreg (Mage), Aglophobia (Slayer), Buttonmash (Fighter)

MalReynolds: Reynolds (Priest)

Gun92: Gun92 (Priest)

SithCait22: PopeJohnPaul (Priest)

bluguerilla: Pylos (Slayer)

Laharl's Gameplay Tips:
As the game suggests, it's a good idea to diversify your skill points before you hit level 18 just so that you can test out each move and decide which of them you like best in order to determine which subclass you want to go once you do finally hit level 18. Also, keep in mind that many subclasses require different armor than what you currently used to level up in. For example, the Asura subclass for Slayers gain "Wave Plate Mastery" which gives them extra bonuses for using Plate armor rather than simply keeping with Heavy Armor, but the Berserker subclass gets a mastery for Heavy Armor that gives even more extra bonuses than just using regular heavy armor already did for the class. Try to find info on what your subclass will use before leveling up so that you can keep any decent armor you find before you can use it right.

Secondly, to gain bonus experience, stick to channels that deal with the dungeon zone you are currently questing in. The Beginner channel covers you until you enter Grand Flores, while there are 6 or so Grand Flores channels, and then about the same number for Sky Tower, and so on, so forth. Doing so helps the otherwise insanely long times it takes to gain levels after you hit level 15 or so.

POINTLESSLY TAKING UP BANDWIDTH SINCE THE INCEPTION OF THE INTERNET

Last edited by Laharl; 10-10-2009 at 03:28 AM..
Laharl is offline   Reply With Quote