View Single Post
Old 08-18-2009, 12:34 AM   #38
Gundam-Dude
`~`
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Default Re: XOON 4 submissions open

thought that I might as well post reviews here as well since not everyone is on bluexoon

(Kommisar) Fermion
How to make jumpstream with replay value. Accepted.

(TranceCore) Holy Humilliation
Pretty ok file though the hands and freezes irked me. Not much replay value. Rejected.

(N.T.M.) Bodom Beach Terror
Awesome rainbow guitar solo. Accepted.

(TranceCore) Bullet of Death (Gauge)
Only notable part of the file is the negative BPM gimmick. Other than that, this is pretty generic. Rejected.

(moches) Croqel Part I
File seemed to drag on for me, making me lose interest. Straightforward moches file as usual though I liked Sunrag more than this. Accepted.

(Scylaax vs i love gabba) Meikai
For a Kenji Ito file, this is pretty generic and lacks rainbow notes. There are a few errors I spotted and areas of the file that could use some more work on. Maybe/Pending.

(i love gabba) One Phrase Blues
The 32nd gallops kinda irked me but the file is rather artistic and alright. Accepted.

(Baq12) Return of Salieri
Cool rainbow solos as usual. Some patterns during the solos are awkward for me. As for the jumps in the beginning, kind of a subjective matter. Personally, I'd just leave the 4th jumps in and remove the 8th jumps because the dominant sound I can hear while tapping out the notes are the 4th jumps. I can't even hear the 8th jumps and I'm wearing stereo headphones. Accepted.

(Scylaax) Tewi Within
Hahaha you were right when you said I'd like this. Solid file. Some parts seem a little overlayered and dumpy but it's acceptable. Accepted.

(Noon) Cond
OK file though there's nothing notable in the file that makes it have replay value let alone a fun factor. It gets pretty repetitive (even when you vary up the steps it still feels repetitive). The minijacks irked me. Rejected because Kommi wants files with replay value and this lacked that.

(KgZ) 8 Bit Beach Dreams
Straightforward 8bit file and nothing more. Accepting because it's ****ing KgZ.

(Kommisar) AngryGermanPhantom
Played before. Typical MAD file from ya. Accepted.

(N.T.M.) Warmen Drum Solo
Short but really amazing. But IIRC the file has to be more than one minute. Accepted if it's allowed in otherwise extend the file and it'll be good.

(Noon) Day
Typical Noon file. Nothing amazing but it's straightforward and fun. Was expecting a little bit more rainbow though. Accepted. Pack needs more Noon files.

(OperationStrawberry) Mind Rippin
Terrible layering, patterns and repetitive as ****. Some parts you might want to check the sync on. Rejected.

(OperationStrawberry) Screamwar
Not bad at all but rather repetitive and I found absolutely no replay or fun value in this. Rejected.

(SulferDragon) Spaceport Alpha
Would've been a good file for Vibrajack Pack but oh well. Pretty straightforward and fun. Nice application of jack theory though feels a bit empty since there were several parts where I personally would've spammed mini-freezes. Accepted.

(Download My Magnum Opus, Solo Kpop Pack!)

My Simfiles (4key & 6key)

Last edited by Gundam-Dude; 08-18-2009 at 12:37 AM..
Gundam-Dude is offline   Reply With Quote