Old 06-19-2009, 08:59 AM   #1708
Afrobean
Admiral in the Red Army
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to Afrobean
Default Re: Rock Band. More Awesome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fireking550 View Post
Ok i am not going to go around quotes from different posts because mainly i don't know how xD.

But from what i have read at one point afro you said "things that are popular are popular for a reason" this does sound like you mean they are popular because they are good but good and bad are only matters of opinion so that will differ from person to person, i don't like them, you do there is a example.
I didn't say that. Only thing I did say is that if one is to look at objective evidence, the Beatles is probably the best band in every way measurable. That doesn't mean that their music is universally good in a subjective way, just that they're critically acclaimed, very popular, sold lots of records, and have managed to remain relevant even without releasing a new studio album since 1970.

Quote:
Now about your ideas on how fun/challenging a game should be. Playing a game for the pure purpose of being challenging is stupid. You have to have fun in their some where and it should have the ability to make you want to play it over and over again. Here is the thing though, while the singer in Rock Band : Beatles is going to have a jolly old time the instruments are going to be bored as hell.
Eh, the point of it is to sing while playing though, right? Much more challenging, should be fun.

Charts might not be all that difficult compared to the most challenging things in the other games, but it's not like the hardest difficulty on this game will be like easy on the others.

Quote:
If their is no challenge at all than their is really no point in trying.
It is entirely possible to have fun doing something without really applying effort into it. This is why I mentioned Katamari. Takes no conscious thought, no real skill, no effort. It's just fun. Sure, if you want a challenge, you can try to aim for higher sizes or faster finishes, but that's not a requirement of the game. It is very easy, but still tons of fun regardless.

Quote:
The best kind of band for this game would be a band with a good lyrical and instrumental balance.
That depends on what the goal is. If the goal is to make a game where people who are just interested in instruments (as is the case with most people, especially on this forum), vocals could almost be omitted completely (recall that before Rock Band came out, no one seemed to mind that they couldn't sing along in Guitar Hero).

But personally, I think the "best kind of band" for this sort of game is a band with a strong catalog of songs that are all good listens, with songs that make the listener want to be actively engaged in the song. If you want hard **** disregarding the quality of the music, I think Guitar Hero is catering to that demographic a little more than Rock Band (don't they have an extra difficulty level of DOUBLE-expert for drums or some ****). And Guitar Hero has that option to build your own charts, so when your masterful skill surpasses the included difficulty levels, you can build your own EVEN MORE difficult charts.

Fags.

Quote:
The Beatles are a bit too heavy on the lyrics which mean that the drummer, bassist, and guitar players are going to get bored with the same thing over and over even if they do like the song.
Unless they really like the music.

And unless they're willing to get into the harmonized singing.

But yeah, if you're one of the people out there who doesn't like the Beatles at all, duh, don't play it. You can have fun not playing the game, but I think I'll have more fun enjoying it.