View Single Post
Old 06-1-2009, 06:29 PM   #1
footbull3196
Banned
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to footbull3196
Default Where Exactly Does it Become Stalking? (i.e. What defines a Stalker?)

Ok, we all know that if someone knows your/everyone else's phone numbers/addresses, they are stalkers. But what exactly is the borderline between "trivia expert" and "stalker", because some guy in my chemistry class is upset with everyone because he claims that he's "stalking" their birthdays.

Basically, he friend requests everyone he knows on facebook, and he finds their birthdays and recites them to people. Is that technically considered stalking? I mean, he claims that he was doing it so that people would think he's interesting. He thought that people would think that's a special trait or something cool, but obviously not, since people hate him now.

The point though, is where exactly do people have a problem with other people knowing personal information? Like, grades, sports, clubs, positions, that stuff doesn't seem to be a problem. It seems to be other stuff (i.e. your mom's maiden name, your dad's salary, etc.). What exactly do you have to know before you get coined with the term "stalker"?
footbull3196 is offline   Reply With Quote