Squeek
let it snow~
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Squeek
Default Re: World of Warcraft

Quote:
Originally Posted by devonin View Post
Right, and I still stand by that.

Especially with regards to things like Ulduar hardmodes. A more accurate execution of all the wacky positioning, timing and strategic elements of Ulduar bosses guarentee success far more than giving every caster DPS 8 more spellpower.

But then, the mere concept of a change to a profession causing a guild as a whole to say "Okay, every single person in our raid, drop jewlecrafting, pick up blacksmithing, two sockets are better than Dragon's Eyes by 8 Spellpower. No I don't care that you're a clothie and can't use -anything- from the skill besides the profession bonus, that 8 spellpower is the only thing making it so we can kill Yogg!" completely blows my mind.

I'd suggest instead that if a decrease in 8 spellpower is enough to make it so you can't actually complete the boss fight, that you aren't particularly hardcore after all.
When the hell did I ever say that? I was top DPS in every run I did even when I was still an Herbalist, simply because I know how to play my damn class. That's not my point.

PROFESSIONS SHOULD BE EQUAL. I just showed you that JC is NOT equal. You can believe EJ all you want, but run the damn numbers for yourself. I did.

The only way JC even comes close to being equal is if your meta is one blue, or some yellows or something, or if you just ignore metas all together. If you are using the 2 blue meta and you used JC to get rid of the USELESS blue gems you were FORCED to use, then this is a huge nerf.

I know of no other profession that heavily impacts people based on one thing (metas). Every other profession is a straightforward addition of ~38 / 64 power (well except tailoring).

People shouldn't go to professions because they're OP. I agree with that. But people won't be learning JC now that it's been nerfed unless they REALLY REALLY need the gems or trinkets or if nobody else in their guild is a JC, because we all know now that it's the lowest gains for the highest cost.

I thought that JC being OP was fine considering some people had to drop 8,000 gold just to level the damn thing. It's so ridiculously hard to level that I cannot believe they're making it the worst profession in the game.
Squeek is offline   Reply With Quote