View Single Post
Old 05-18-2009, 09:59 PM   #2223
qqwref
stepmania archaeologist
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Default Re: R1 - Actual Song Difficulties V2

Quote:
Originally Posted by EAGAMES View Post
weren't all the vROFL scores of those that didn't possess the token removed?
That's because they were *cheating*. They didn't have the song.

I think eventually you and stavie are going to have to face the facts: a lot of people have [Oni]. It is NOT the sign of a good player anymore. Making [Oni] harder to get would be unfair to everyone who doesn't have it and would benefit nobody, unless you removed the token from the people who are not up to your standards, in which case it would be unfair to everyone but the top ~100 people in FFR. 99.99%. Just deal with the fact that lots of people have [Oni] and make a new ranking for yourself if you care so much. Ask Tass to make an [Edit], make your own fake skill token for those who can AAA a sufficiently hard song to impress you, make a club for those who you think are good enough... whatever. But the one thing you should NOT do is hurt everyone else just so the top few dozen players can have a more difficult benchmark to aim for.

P.S.
Quote:
Originally Posted by EAGAMES View Post
Discouraging? Wouldn't that encourage you more to become better?
Let's say I give several hundred of the best FFR players a badge saying that they're good at FFR. Everyone except you, that is... for you to earn the badge you have to AAA FN.

Tell me, do you think you will feel encouraged or discouraged? Because that is how many people will feel if [Oni] is made drastically harder to unlock. If hundreds of people have unlocked something that suddenly becomes much much harder, you don't feel encouraged to improve in order to get it; instead you feel bad because you can't.

Last edited by qqwref; 05-18-2009 at 10:30 PM..
qqwref is offline   Reply With Quote