View Single Post
Old 03-19-2009, 12:06 PM   #16
coraleaterlinda
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Default Re: New Pledge of Allegiance

if you dont want to say "under God", then don't. people get really mad when talking about messing with the Pledge, but hardly anyone cares about the meaning of it when they actually recite it. also, the poem implies that other religions and religious practices can be taught at school, except for christianity, which i don't think is true. religion is not taught at schools (like showing someone how to become a certain religion) i think its better to keep religion out of the curriculum, except for elective classes and history. teachers shouldn't force prayer during class, but if someone wants to quietly pray or something, i don't have a problem with it. if someone wants to start a religious club or organization, i'm okay with it too as long as they aren't harassing people. in general society though, it seems like most religions except for christianity are acceptable, which i find highly hypocritical. i'm a christian myself, but i respect others beliefs. i have many good friends of different religions. i'm not going to force my values on someone - what good what that do besides making them hate me? i will discuss my beliefs with people, but it is ultimately that person's decision to decide what religion they will have, if they want one. i do feel like if society followed certain biblical priniciples (ten commandments- dont steal, dont covet, treat everyone right, that sort of thing), then it would be better.

Last edited by coraleaterlinda; 03-19-2009 at 12:09 PM..
coraleaterlinda is offline   Reply With Quote