View Single Post
Old 02-26-2009, 06:24 AM   #521
Squeek
let it snow~
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Squeek
Default Re: World of Warcraft

There are bad tanks, and then there are baaaaaaad tanks.

I was finishing up Kalu'ak (yay fishing pole and pengu!) and got invited to a 10-man vault. I should've figured out right here that the tank I was eventually going to run with was pathetically bad, but I didn't. Looking at the DPS chart, he was so far in last place that it was almost pathetic. Tanks are supposed to be on the bottom (except good ones who out-DPS the terrible players like the MT did), but pulling 300 DPS...I don't think he even tried. I pulled aggro on the boss about 10 times, even with using my only threat-reducing skill.

So, violet hold came next, since it was the daily and I wanted to run it before the reset. It would've been easy, except the we got stuck with the offtank. I pulled aggro in every portal no matter how long I waited to attack. There was one case where I ran the opposite way from everyone else and got there about ten seconds late and STILL pulled aggro. Fortunately the second boss was Ichoron and I told everyone beforehand if it was him I was pulling the switches because he's just a pain in the ass, so I didn't attack until the third wave passed.

It's not good when you have a tank shortage and a shortage of good tanks. These people really need to learn how to start on Regular dungeons first, because they're clearly not geared for heroics yet.

But that's nothing compared to the worst tank we've ever had. The one who started pulls when the mage / healer was drinking / afk and never watched out for adds or pats and would verbally insult us all when we wiped.

And of course, in the end, they always get the gear they were there for -.-

Last edited by Squeek; 02-26-2009 at 06:28 AM..
Squeek is offline   Reply With Quote