View Single Post
Old 02-24-2009, 09:20 AM   #3
bluguerrilla
FFR Player
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to bluguerrilla
Default Re: The "How did you step that?" Thread

Neat idea.

Most of my recent simfiles have been an exercise in simplicity.

I Hate 80s has only jumps to bass drum and the only PR is in the intro and outro synth as well as PR in the bass drum. The rest (32nds/16ths) I just had to make as easy to PA as possible because of the song. Probably shouldn't have stepped the 32nds but what are you gonna do?

Even more simple is Nomina Nuda Tenemus, as the only thing PR is the violin and the patterns during the JS have the correct shape for the rhythm and only jumps to snare (and a couple hands to rly loud bass). The Violin Parts I put jumps to the two violin noises.

Both of these files are geared towards more expert players that now hate me for my hard to PA patterns. NNT is supposed to be like a boss song. Like, HOLY **** WHAT IS THIS **** /fail

So, those are the easier ones to explain.

Most of the rest of my files are also easily explained except for The Space Between.

I'll post the explanation of that one later as I'll have to play it a few times to remember.

Quote:
Originally Posted by L0NEvvolf View Post
V4N Is that the kind of questions you are looking for? Or does it have to be a specific file?
The neat thing is that people can respond with an explanation in their own file or something.

Like, 3020 has jacks to piano and the reasoning there is that when you're playing the piano the sounds are actually corresponding to jacks. Obviously, that's not the only reason to use jacks. I put jacks to BD in document13b because I thought that'd be fun and hard even though it's not like actually playing the drums.

Last edited by bluguerrilla; 02-24-2009 at 09:23 AM..
bluguerrilla is offline   Reply With Quote