View Single Post
Old 02-15-2009, 01:12 PM   #349
Solid Dreams
FFR Player

Default Re: World of Warcraft

Quote:
Originally Posted by devonin View Post
Getting to 540 is easy, staying at 540 is not as easy.

All the "starter raid gear" for tanks has a ludicrous amount of defense on it. The Tempered Saronite gear tended to have upwards of 50-80 defense rating.

The issue is that all of your improvement pieces switch out defense for avoidance. You go from 80 defense to 50 defense, 40 dodge, etc. Your overall avoidance starts to climb, but at the cost of actual defense points. I peaked at close to 570 defense, but I'm sitting right on the edge of 540 now that I'm starting to get my epics.

That, and it's dumb to say that it's "Easy" to get 540 defense at a lower level than 80. Defense rating scales with level, so that it requires less defensive items to get it at, as was said, 74, than it is to get it at 80.

And yeah, I'm at 543. I had to take off my t7 legs for the bolstered, because 1) I need hit and 2) I hated being gemmed out for defense when I can get 28k health and still have 22% dodge, 18% parry, etc.

In an unrelated note, I really hate Valentine's Day. The candy quest blows.

To the above person: http://www.wow-loot.com/

I make people look at that before I do raids with them so that they know what they get to roll for. Saves lots of whining on their part and me having to deal with it.

Quote:
You shouldn't talk down to people you don't know anything about, acting like you know more and then try to show them up in the forum. That's how you get absolutely no where.

Last edited by Solid Dreams; 02-15-2009 at 01:17 PM..
Solid Dreams is offline   Reply With Quote