Old 02-5-2009, 02:43 PM   #234
devonin
Very Grave Indeed
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to devonin Send a message via MSN to devonin
Default Re: World of Warcraft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandiagod View Post
You didn't train consecrate? Unless the DPS is standing in front of you they're still going to have to come by you.
In my example, I'm saying that the group of mobs is too far apart to hit them all in one go, so if I just hit the lead one, it is certainly in the realm of possibility that the healer/dps opening up on the lead mob might generate enough threat on the other mobs that one or two ticks of consecrate might not be enough to guarentee them to pull to me as they enter the area of effect.

The choices are "Assume consecrate will do it" or "Have the DPS count to 5 so I can shield every mob in the pull" I know which is the safer bet.

Plus it's always at least a little annoying to have to shift and move to get all the mobs back in front of me if they pull on me from the side or back as they run over consecrate anyway.

Quote:
The legs had dropped in UP last week [I was tanking with fiances pally], and had lost the roll to a Holy pally.
I opened a ticket, and told them that i had won the roll, but didnt realize my bags were full, and thus hadnt looted it.
So, you lied to get free gear. Classy.
devonin is offline   Reply With Quote