Old 12-30-2008, 03:48 AM   #1780
spEXartELITan
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to spEXartELITan
Default Re: R1 - Actual Song Difficulties V2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowX2D View Post
I dont think it actually has to finish the phrase "This song is for (Difficulty)". My point is, it's a song rating, not a phrase filler.
I'm not sure why I put it this way, but what I really meant instead of finishing the phrase this song is is that the difficulties are adjectives. Master and Guru don't sound very striking or forceful by themselves, even though because we've seen these words for so long any mention of them will bring back what songs have caused us to associate them with. Whenever I saw the word guru before I thought of like fishing guru, but when used in the phrase For Gurus Only it made wonder what level of intimidation a song like this would bring.
Quote:
"This difficulty is for Legendary(ies?)" Not much sense there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by spEXartELITan View Post
For Legends Only sounds good
Quote:
Originally Posted by HammyMcSquirrel View Post
I also want to add that the term "Hard" can be viewed as "Difficult", and we have a "Difficult" and "Very Difficult" category already. So it makes even more sense when looked at in spEXartELITan's logic.
I also wondered whether Hard was in this case synonymous with Difficult, but you first learn when you're little the terms Easy and Hard for comparing difficulty, so Hard does not seem like a very worthy term
Quote:
Originally Posted by TC_Halogen View Post
Hardest is the highest...but the name just doesn't feel right to me.
if you can handle that difficulty since
Quote:
Originally Posted by spEXartELITan View Post
I think the reason why the generic term easy is used to describe the lower difficulty songs while a more specific term like guru instead of the more generic term hard is used to describe higher difficulty songs because a specific cool title sounds more rewarding as opposed to a degrading specific title for the lower difficulty songs like pansy.
Quote:
Easy, Normal, Heroic, and Legendary.
Even with Halo more generic terms like Easy and Normal are used with lower difficulties to give a sense of being plain and more specific terms like Heroic and Legendary are used with higher difficulties to give a sense of reward. Although Normal was probably cast out for a song's difficulty because it could be seen as saying the song is just normal or average, which probably wasn't used for this reason as well, song.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kairon View Post
Legendary, as far as I'm concerned, is a perfect 13th difficulty name.
I think the difficulty of the Halo campaign was described in this way because you aren't comparing yourself to others, and it feels satisfying to say that you made the legendary story become a reality. Also saying For Beginners probably directs first time players and gives them some needed encouragement since this game is all skill and no story, although if this isn't taken into account it would probably make sense to take it out and shift the difficulties to add Very Tricky.This is also probably why in multiplayer you are described as a rank or actual noun like a general, since you can then look up this tangible person online. Since FFR is more similar to a multiplayer game, For Legends Only would make sense since you can find one of these legends by typing MrRubix in the profile search.
Through elite control,
I like ponies.

Last edited by spEXartELITan; 12-30-2008 at 03:53 AM..
spEXartELITan is offline   Reply With Quote