Thread: Good and Evil
View Single Post
Old 12-14-2008, 11:06 AM   #12
tha Guardians
MCDC 2011
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to tha Guardians Send a message via MSN to tha Guardians Send a message via Yahoo to tha Guardians
Default Re: Good and Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by devonin View Post
I think the distinction that tha Guardians was trying to make was not just that "Good and Evil are subjective" but instead "Good and Bad are subjective, Evil has, in my opinion an objective and fixed definition"
Yes. Any malicious action that goes without benefit is evil. I guess the subjective part, is to what degree of evil it is.

You punch a guy for lulz—that's evil.
You punch a guy to protect yourself—that's necessary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by unclesammy View Post
And what is your perception of Evil? If it had a fixed definition, then it would be uniform throughout the entire race, which it most certainly is not. The same can be said for good and bad.
Just because people sometimes choose to ignore their actions, or perceive them as pure or innocent, does not change the fact that what they've done is evil (man that word's being overused).

You think Manson, BTK, or any other serial killer feels a bit of remorse for what they've done. Of course not! They were not developed normally, so in they're minds they're exempt from punishment and guilt, when really they're only free from rational behavior.

Some serial killers will even admit that they have committed evil acts, but I doubt they care a single bit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonic-fast-fingers View Post
can someone clarrify what QFT means my friend told me its quit ****ing talking, but im not 100 percent sure

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synthlight
I need a car that drives itself completely automated and I want it for free and it needs infinite gas mileage.

Cheers,

Synthlight

Last edited by tha Guardians; 12-14-2008 at 11:12 AM..
tha Guardians is offline   Reply With Quote