View Single Post
Old 11-12-2008, 07:56 PM   #1
TheRapingDragon
A car crash mind
FFR Veteran

Default FFR Awards 2008 – Voting

Another year, another awards ceremony. Spec and everyone did great jobs putting up the 2007 one but as I'm back it's back with me. So without much build up, except for that which Devonin impatiently began, let me just welcome you all to the voting stage of the FFR AWARDS 2008.

The 2008 committee of tally-ees are as follows: -paexaea-, Tibs, KgZ, Wilkin, devonin, pokelda, jchinzilla, Relambrien.

The following are the rules of voting and the general process of events:

Quote:
I – In order for your votes to count, you must use the list provided at the bottom of this post, just quote it and fill in your choices for each category.

II – You may only vote for one person in each of the categories, if you vote for more than one person then only the first person you mentioned will be accepted as your vote. You cannot vote for yourself in any category.

III – Once you have voted, you may not change your votes; we will have people keeping check on these categories and so we can’t keep changing our tally when you change your mind. Any post that has been edited more than a couple of hours after being originally posted will be deemed null and void. So think about who you're voting for before you vote. You have plenty of time.

IV – VOTING ENDS 30th November 2008

V - After 30th November, the committee will tally up the results and send them to me via PM, Once I'm ready the results will be posted along with glitz and glammer and probably some drunken fights in the mix.
This is the tl;dr part of the votes. An in-depth view of every category.

GENERAL

Friendliest Poster
Going around FFR can be a dangerous experience, chit chat is still the equivelant of beating a dead donkey, and /tgb/ is like a dead-donkey with the legs ripped off and attempted usage of said legs to gallop to Mexico, but, among the mass of flaming hatred a burning beacon shines through, yes, this person does not flame or fight, they help you until the very end, sometimes even enduring flames against them in order to help you out.

Least Friendly Poster
Sometimes we all have a bad day, and sometimes we like to take it out on that one newbie who decided to ask us where to find Token 11. However, this person is in a league of their own, they take pride in bringing a newbie to tears, they take pride in responding to threads in the newbie section with “tl;dr”. Granted, this award could go to half of FFR, it’s up to you to decide who deserves it most.

Most Helpful Poster
Least Helpful Poster

Being friendly is all well and good, but sometimes those who are friendly just don’t have a clue what they are talking about. Helpful posters make sure to find out their information and send you out into the forum with all the knowledge you’ll need.

Note: Everyone who just writes “read the stickies” x100 need not apply.

Biggest Postwhore
Such a prestigious award this one, this award was originally known in olden times as the “Moogicus De Facto” but nobody speaks of it in this way now. Some say that one day the fabled Moogicus of which this award speaks will return to shower us with another post-whoring session, others believe the day of Tassing has such a stranglehold on this award that it will never be wrestled from his grasp. Could it be three years in a row?

Most Random Poster
Waking up to eat some yellow flavoured beans while trying to figure out the cross-angled rotational direction of a flock of geese can be quite a daunting task, but not for the most random poster, they revel in confusing you, for better or worse.

The "Who Am I" Award (least noticed poster)
Who?

Best Newbie
Worst Newbie

Ahh, the common newbie. We get both kinds, it seems like this year we have received more bad newbies than good ones but take your pick, be careful, their forum respect is at stake here. It can be destroyed in one simple vote. Don't let the tables get turned on you.

FORUM

Best Avatar
Worst Avatar

Best avatar will be interesting to see, worst avatar is probably the one you have already adblocked.

Best Signature
Worst Signature

Plenty to choose from.

Best Moderator
Best Administrator

We all know there is no such thing as a “bad” moderator, they are all such lovely people and of course they won’t ever ban us because we see them as being horrible staff members, unless of course you vote for a white president, that'll get you banned, so, only the best here!

Best Overall Poster
Worst Overall Poster

Try to base this more on actual post content. Everything from (in)consistent posts to general forum skill. This all makes a best (or worst) overall poster.

Favourite Poster
Poplartry contest here. Who cares if they make good posts or not because you want to suck up to them and hopefully bathe in the glowing shadow of their visage.

Sexiest Male
Raging rivers.

Sexiest Female
Cock goes where?

Most Missed
Least Missed

Plenty of members have been and gone, who do you actually care about?

THREADS / POSTS

Most Interesting Critical Thinking discussion
Choose your favourite thought provoking discussion. If such exists.

Funniest Garbage Bin Thread
Surviving through a panel, an ODI invasion, and a whole torrent of people saying TGB has died, there must be a thread in here. Everything from embarrassing sexual encounters with KgZ's family straight up to shops I can tell from seeing quite a few pixels.

Most Enjoyable Chit Chat Thread
Ha, hahaha, just try to pick one.

Best FFya Thread (NEW*)
Only FFya members can vote for this one. Let's all revel in elitism for one second while we vote on our favourite thread from the section nobody knows about. Everything from illicet love affairs between moderators to our love of music joining together.

Note: Thread must be FFya exclusive. If it has been posted in another section then it cannot be included in this award. It can however be included in "best thread 2008". This is for those who want to vote for Fish's awesome story.

Best thread 2008 (any section excluding FFya)
Again, if possible (and this is for all these categories in THREADS / POSTS) provide a link to what you are voting for, it makes things easier for everyone.

Worst thread 2008 (any section excluding FFya)
Again include the thread so I can link to it. I don't want to go searching for crap.

PERSONALITY / OTHER

Funniest Poster
They make you laugh.

Least Funny Poster
They make you cry.

Smartest Poster
They make you think. Or for those of us intellectually stunted, they make your brain hurt.

Stupidest Poster
They make your brain cry. Not in a good way.

Most Talented
They leave you in awe. (This award can be for any talent, pen spinning, FFR, dancing, whatever)

Most Interesting Poster
They intrigue you.

Best FFR Music Artist
They make you wish you had talent. (Can include FFR artists who make music that hasn't made it into FFR yet but whom are striving to achieve such)

Best Artistic / Art Award
They make you wish you had talent, part II. (Draw me, oh oh! 50 pages later yay cherish for life)

FUTURE!

Next Mod
Next Admin

Those users who have been here for a while and show that they know what they are doing, spelling and grammar is always a bonus, respect and a sense of humour also tend to be necessary. Still, there are plenty of promising members to choose from. Just don't take your advice from rzr.

Next Ban
Who knows, the winner might just receive their award for real. We can only hope.

User Most Likely to Leave Soon
Oh there they go.

FFR - THE GAME

Best FFR-file 2008
Worst FFR-file 2008

Take your pick as to what you see as the best, and worst, new file added to FFR in 2008. Must be added in 2008.

FFR Gamewhore
Who has played one too many games this year?

Up And Coming FFRer
Who do you think has came up through the ranks to become a great player over the 2008 year.

HALL OF FAME (NEW*)

This is an entirely new section / award that I have decided to start from this year and every year onwards. Each year ONE person will be added to the HALL OF FAME. This is a prestigious section for the few FFR members who truly make the site a different place. They are the person who epitomises what FFR is. This award should go to someone who is truly a great person here at FFR. A troubador of words, a scallywag of actions, rapscallion incarnate. So really think about who you'd like to have entered into the FFR HALL OF FAME.

Think of it like a lifetime achievement award. Except on the internet. And pretty much only for use in an argument on the internet.

And there are the awards.

(Shorthand list to be quoted and used can be found in the next post).

Last edited by TheRapingDragon; 11-16-2008 at 05:21 PM..