View Single Post
Old 10-28-2008, 01:53 PM   #1
dood gone krazee
RATOOOOOOOOO
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to dood gone krazee Send a message via MSN to dood gone krazee
Default Weird Lagging in Stepmania (help)

So last night I decided I would play SMO, turns out my computer is totally screwed up or something.

Our house - along with the rest of the neighborhood - had a surprise power outage Sunday morning. When the power came back, I turned on the computer. Everything seemed fine except for the date and time, and a window popped up. I fixed the date and time and looked at the window that came up. It said new hardware as found, and needed to be installed. I ignored it and closed it.

Everything I did from then up until last night was fine. I never played SM or SMO, but I did use DDREAM to start syncing a file. When I tried playing SMO, it started skipping uncontrollably. Every second or so it would glitch big time, making it IMPOSSIBLE for me to play. I restarted computer, still did it. I uninstalled an reinstalled it, still did it. I took out all the songs in my song folder, still did it. So I looked into that new hardware found thing.

Turns out the Multimedia Audio Controller (whatever that is) had to be reinstalled. I got my dad to get the disc out to reinstall it, but for some reason it said it didn't recognize the driver. Whatever we did, it wouldn't recognize it. So now I can't play SMO. Then when I tried SM, it was working perfectly fine. I closed it, added in the ODI 1 and 2 packs, and reopened SM. It started skipping. Took them back out and it stilled skipped.

I had something like this happened before, last summer. I couldn't play at all because of the same problem, huge glitches and lags every second or so. The only way that fixed the problem was to uninstall and reinstall Windows. My dad is going to try calling Customer Service or something to see what we could do about the missing driver or whatever it is, but I don't know if that will work or not.

So I was wondering if any of you had any tips on how to fix this. I really want to play SM, and now I can't. I may have to only play FFR now, but I really have a love for SMO also.

--Summery for lazy people--

I got a power outage. Power came back, computer was fine. The sound card (most likely) needed to be reinstalled. Didn't recognize driver. SM and SMO lag uncontrollably every second or so. I'm screwed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir_Thomas View Post
Dood... you done gone got yourself krazee.
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertsona View Post
I hear back in 12 AD Jesus Himself sent an FGO to Tass and it got a 9 by JX

"[++] 9/10
Very good file but not japanese enough ps hi jesus"
dood gone krazee is offline   Reply With Quote