View Single Post
Old 09-17-2008, 06:51 AM   #87
sonic-fast-fingers
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to sonic-fast-fingers Send a message via MSN to sonic-fast-fingers
Default Re: Banned for Wanting Grammar!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magewout View Post
What makes that the exception? The oh-so American assumption that everyone has English as their native language? Hello, this is the internet, it exists outside of America as well. In fact, English is my third language.

Plus, you see so many abbreviations these days, whether you like it or not, and I know people who actually think that's a part of the English language. It's not their fault because it's what they constantly read all over the internet.

Damn, if everyone in Belgium or The Netherlands would complain about people not speaking Standard Dutch they'd be busy all day because everyone speaks their different dialect, and they type like that as well. It's a way of letting people know where you are from over here.

I'm trying to tell you people to let go. I know exceptionally smart people with incredibly bad grammar on MSN. When I ask why they don't try to type properly, I get the answer 'I'm getting my point across, and in the end, that's what communication is all about'. Which is a very good point.
I failed to mention that Rumble Fighter is a North America/Canada only game.